Matataki Village is a location in Dark Cloud. It is the second main area that Toan encounters, and is located to the south of Norune Village. The Wise Owl Forest is the Dungeon associated with the area. Goro will join the party after defeating the Killer Snake.
Matataki Village is the home of 13 residents. They are all hunters, and wear animal skins under their clothing. Treant, the fairy tree, is the guardian of Matataki Village and looks after the villagers.
As soon as Toan arrives in Matataki Village, he is spotted by Goro. Toan follows him up to his treehouse and beats him in a Duel. Goro challenged Toan because he thought that Toan was the one who destroyed the village. Toan receives the Hunter's Earrings after the duel, an item that will allow him to communicate to the village guardian.
Later, Toan returns to give Goro the Bone Pendant that he received after a duel with the Killer Snake. Goro immediately realizes that it is his father, Fudoh's. After a brief talk between Goro and his fathers spirit, Goro joins the party.
Pao's House: Torch, Sign, Stairway, Laundry, Pao
- Request: Pao would like to be placed near to Peanut Pond, the one near Wise Owl Forest.
- Reward: After a good meal, Pao gives you a Fruit of Eden.
Cacao's House: Torch, Sign, Stairway, Laundry, Cabin, Cacao
- Request: Cacao would like to be surrounded by all five trees.
- Reward: After playing a song to you on his guitar, Cacao tells you about the man it was about; Fudoh, the mighty warrior. He then gives you the Odd Tone Flute, the key to summoning the Killer Snake.
- Request: Bunbuku would like to be near a watermill so that he can do his laundry.
- Reward: If you kept the Candy from either Claude or Couscous, Bunbuku will trade it for an Ointment Leaf.
- Request: Momo would like to be placed near Wise Owl Shop. Kye does too, as evidenced by what he starts to sing when Toan asks him...
- Reward: After a brief scene, Momo will give you a Plant Buster attachment.
Baron's House: Torch, Sign, Roof, Branch, Ancient Baron
- Request: Baron would like to hear the rushing of water... but he is quite deaf, so it would be best to put him near the waterfall.
- Reward: After telling you about the history of Matataki Village and himself, he will give you a Gourd.
Couscous' House: Torch, Sign, Grass, Couscous
- Request: He would like to be placed on one of the Earths.
- Reward: He will give you either a Candy, Fire or Ice Attachment, or a Turtle Shell. You can also store things in the... grass he sits on...
Gob's House: Torch, Sign, Bone, Tree, Gob
- Request: He would like to be placed near to where Momo lives.
- Reward: After a manly meal which Toan can hardly eat, Gob gives him the leftovers, a Frozen Tuna!
- Request: The couple would like a nice view from their Balcony, so place them on one of the Earths.
- Reward: After a short scene, Ro will give you the Moon grass seed.
Well 1: Torch, Stairway, Roof, Bucket
Well 2: Torch, Stairway, Roof, Bucket
Well 3: Torch, Stairway, Roof, Bucket
Watermill 1: Torch, Water Wheel
Watermill 2: Torch, Water Wheel
Watermill 3: Torch, Water Wheel
Wise Owl Shop: Torch, Sign, Entrance, Wise Owl Entrance, Mr. Mustache
- Request: Due to where Mr. Mustache came from, he would like to be placed somewhere surrounded by river.
- Reward: Mr. Mustache will set up shop, and give you the Wise Owl Sword! ...For 3000 Gilda. All right, fine, 2500. No lower!